Thursday, July 7, 2016

The prodigal daughter returns

It's been almost a year! *virtual hugs to all the bookish people*

As usual, I didn't PLAN to stop writing, these things just seem to happen, the mojo goes away... But lately I've been really, really missing my good old book blog so here I am again. Now probably for longer, more regular time. And there might be some changes in the blog, but then again maybe not... I haven't got an elaborate action plan, I just miss reading and writing about books.

Yes, I haven't been reading a lot for this past almost-a-year. It's been weird, last I had such long gaps between reading were in uni days. I've read a whopping 12 books in 2016. A point of perspective - in 2014 I finished 100 books... Not that the numbers matter. It might sound strange but I have started to read slower deliberately, to get more out of each book and not just rush through. 

In other spheres of life, no major changes have taken place, except that I changed workplace. Well I did and didn't, I am still a media analyst and do exactly what I did before, but I just moved over to the Finnish branch in the same firm. That was one of my Big Goals for this year, so it's great to have it done. Still live with my hobbit and two furballs, still in the same place. I embrace the peaceful routine at this point of life, I do.

Oh and I also went vegetarian last autumn.

I think to catch up I'll make a little overview of the 12 books I've read this year next. It's been non-fiction heavy and interesting half a year. 

Say hello if you are still lurking around these corners, please :)




15 comments:

  1. Hope you write more posts :) welcome back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, thanks M! Sorry about the commenting thingy...

      Delete
  2. Hiiiii!!! I've missed your posts.

    And major kudos to achieving a career goal so early in the year! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks! I'm still lurking around on your blog, but haven't been commenting much. Will hopefully get back on the swing of things.

      Delete
  3. ::Waves enthusiastically:: Congrats on the job move! Welcome back, however (and however often) you decide to use this space going forward, I'm glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiii :) Thanks for giving me a poke on Twitter :))

      Delete
  4. Hi! Vegetarian, really? What led you to make the change, if you don't mind my asking? Ethics, health, some combination of factors? Good for you, regardless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! I don't mind asking. It was ethical decision only, but later as I have made more research I have also come to value the health aspects of plant based food. It was a long time coming, I almost stopped eating red meat because felt no need for it, then one morning a "click" happened and I haven't eaten meat since.

      Delete
  5. Hello! This particular lurker missed you )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, particular lurker :) I have somehow missed your travel blog, so there is some catching up to do. Hope all is well :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Riv! *waves* Welcome back :) I missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment if you feel like it - it warms my little bookish heart. :)